Monday, January 31, 2011

MTDS catch up

Here's my 2 latest cards made for the Make The Day Special blog:

The first uses the My Cute Stamp set - Ashley's Blossoms.

I made a card base using a pale green and used my sewing machine to add a border. I then made a tag using patterned paper and painted gesso over it to tone down the pattern. The next step was to stamp the branch and bird stamp using Memento inks and then the sentiment. The butterflies were stamped using Versamagic ink on to cardstock and then cut out before adding to the tag. As a finishing touch the lace and organza ribbon were added.




Materials used: Papermania cardstock, DCWV paper, Claudine Hellmuth gesso, My Cute Stamps (as above), Memento ink pens, Versamagic ink.
Also used: lace, organza ribbon.

My second card is a Christmas one!!
It's never too early to make a start on Christmas cards for this year and Emily has some fabulous Christmas stamps in the Half Price Sale but you'll have to be quick as there is limited stock!! 


I used the lovely Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather Flourishes set by Unity to make this card. I stamped the sentiment on to lightly patterned paper before layering patterned papers on to the card. I also stamped one of the flourishes in to the corner of the card.


Materials used: Papermill card, Ranger Distress ink, Papermania papers, Unity stamps (as above), Memento ink, CraftWork rhinestones, Papermania pearl.
Also used: twill ribbon, beaded stamen, pin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your cards Jo. S x

Anita said...

Fabulous cards Jo.....I am so impressed that you are on christmas already....you are so organised Hun..xxx

Michele Gross said...

2 beautiful cards :)I really love the design on the sympathy card- so elegant!