Saturday, March 22, 2008

Apologies........

....for not updating or visiting my usual blogs for a while. My Dad is currently in hospital and has been since earlier this week due to a mystery illness. He hasn't eaten for 3 weeks and is really weak - the latest theory by the Drs is that it may stem from a tick bite or an airborne disease carried by birds. They can't do any tests this weekend with it being a Bank Holiday but will hopefully carry on with more tests after Easter. I'm just hoping that they get to the bottom of it soon as Dad is never ill and him being like this is so upsetting for all the family. My sister is being great helping out and running my step-mum to the hospital but I feel as much use as a chocolate teapot being stuck miles away with the kids.
I haven't felt like posting much on forums or visiting blogs so have been keeping busy scrapping - here's some of the layouts:

This is the boys back in June 2004.

I used: Paper Reflections cardstock, English Paper Company paper, Queen & Co felt fusion, Sizzlits Playground alphabet die-cuts, 7Gypsies chipboard tag, Colorbox chalk ink, date stamp, Studio g stamp, unknown make of ribbon, Marvy pen, Maya Road shipboard shape, Deluxe Designs sticker ("2").

Jess stuck under her highchair!

I used:Bazzill Doodlebug cardstock, Sizzlits Night & Day alphabet die-cuts, American Crafts rub-ons, Basic Grey rub-on, HOTP bloom and brad, Signo black and white pens.

Jamie at Christmas. I used: DCWV Glitter stack paper, cheap tag, Making memories alpabet stickers, Around the Block star brad, HOTP brads.

Matthew in October 2004.

I used: DCWV cardstock, KI Memories paper, My Minds Eye Bohemia rub-ons, white Signo pen.

Matthew in September 2005.

I used: DCWV cardstock, KI Memories paper, Scenic ROute Cape Town papers, Making Memories rub-ons ("loving your"), Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale alphabet die-cuts in black funky foam, treble clef cut by hand from funky foam, MOD Sparkles rub-on, My Minds Eye rub-on ("play"), Making Memories alphabet stickers, date stamp and HOTP brads.

I have no card to show this week for Di's card sketch but am hoping to have a go and show it soon.

I will also get around to answering any questions that have been left as comments - I'm not ignoring you, I promise!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your dad gets better soon Jo.
Jane (Brods)

Toni said...

Oh, Jo ... I'm sad to hear about your Dad, and it's so much harder when they don't know what's causing it. Your staying busy with scrapping is a good thing, with beautiful results. Our blogs aren't going away -- come back when you're ready and fresh, not to worry, ok? Much much love!