Sunday, January 04, 2009

Recycling Christmas cards - IACW

Here's my post from It's A Creative World this week:

I usually just throw our Christmas cards in to the recycling bag but this year I decided to recycle them myself by cutting them up and using them to make Christmas cards and tags for next Christmas - well there's nothing like being prepared LOL! I started with a few cards:

My first card was easy as the image of the bears with the snowman was already die-cut and stuck on the card with foam pads so I just removed it: The next card (penguins with a snowman) I used Nestabilities dies to cut out the image, added a stamped greeting, ribbon and an embellishment:

The holly image I cut using a knife and glass mat and then mounted on a Nestabilities cut mount before adding a rub-on: For something a bit different I cut out the lone penguin to go on a tag along with patterned paper, Stickles, mesh, acrylic letters (a free gift from a magazine a while ago!), a sticker, ribbons and a button embellishment:

The last card with Santa I used a Nestabilities die (again!) to cut out the image and then used it to make a simple gift tag by punching a hole and then attaching some ribbon:

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Fantastic idea. what a shame Paul has thrown ours out!

Jamie Martin said...

Your recycled cards are wonderful and so much better than the originals!