Sunday, January 18, 2009

Simple Clay Embellishments

Here's my post from It's A Creative World earlier in the week: I don't know about you but I personally don't like to spend a lot of money on embellishments but prefer to buy them cheaply or make them myself. I had bought some Fimo to try but we didn't get along very well so I decided to try an air-drying clayand also some mini cutting shapes and paperclips.

I started by rolling some of the clay until it was approximately 3mm thick and then cutting out various shapes.

While the clay was still malleable I embedded some paperclips in a few shapes and used a spare piece of clay to keep it stuck together. For the other shapes I used various rubber stamps to deboss the design in the clay and also experimented by pressing an embossing plate into another piece:

Once the clay had dried (I left it 24 hours) I decorated the shapes. The paperclip embellishments were coloured with chalk inks and then a letter sticker added before covering with Diamond Glaze. The other shapes were just inked. Of course paint and other mediums could be used instead of ink:

These could be used for scrapbooking, cardmaking or perhaps you could have personalised paperclips?

No comments: