Friday, November 27, 2009

Another ATC and one in progress....

Well, it's nearly the end of the month and I still haven't completed a single layout! Hopefully that will change tomorrow as I've just cleared my desk in (hopeful) readiness! I've felt a bit disillusioned with my scrapping skills recently and fallen back on the cardmaking and started needlework/textiles as the creating bug was still present. I finished another ATC yesterday:

I used some gorgeous hand-dyed evenweave, machine stitching and French knots in silk thread, perle cotton and stranded cottons. The whole piece is backed with a lovely deep satin -like fabric.

In progress at the moment is another tiny piece to be used for an ATC:

Not sure about the "tufting" at the bottom of this one and think I may have to trim it to make it less bushy! I also need to try and blend the silk fibres at the top a bit more as at the moment the top looks like an afterthought (which of course it is!!).

2 comments:

Stef H said...

wow! like.... wow!!!!!

hugs,

Paula said...

Ooh, you clever stick you, they look gorgeous!!