Monday, January 11, 2010

Here's my post for It's A Creative World today:

I wanted to make a layout using a large fabric flower like the Prima Frillies

but didn't have one in the right colour so decided to make my own.

I started by cutting heart shapes from some dyed cotton from a fabric inspiration pack I had. I originally cut 5 but then decided 7 would be better. I then layered the hearts on each other and used an invisible sewing thread to sew them all together:

Having done this I then cut more heart shapes but this time in a dyed pink organza and then layered these on top of the cotton flower. When this was done I added a button to the centre and then sewed beads around this. I attached sequins to the cotton under the organza and then inked the edges of the flower with chalk ink to add some depth:
The next step then was to add it to the layout:

2 comments:

Stef H said...

now put those beauties up for sale and you'll be rich in no time! they are absolutely gorgeous!

hugs :)

Anita said...

Oh WOW! Jo, that is lush, looks really pretty and delicate. Love the pics of your little girly too. Fab.xxx