Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 sketches 4 You - Kazan's sketch 59

Here's my card for 2 Sketches 4 You this week - Kazan's sketch 59. I turned the sketch through 90° to make this.

When I was playing with my alcohol inks and distress inks the other day to make this card I made a couple of other bits in a different colour scheme and these are what I used for today's card.

As before the background panel is made using the clear embossing over a stamped image and then alcohol inks over the top before ironing to remove the embossing powder.
The butterfly image was made in a similar way by embossing with clear embossing powder but then using distress inks to colour before ironing away the embossing.



Materials used: Coredinations cardstock, Chapel Road Artstamp (background), Ranger alcohol inks, Paperbag Studios stamp (butterfly), Ranger distress inks, Versamark ink, CraftWork rhinestone flourishes, Wild Orchid Crafts paper roses.
Also used: satin ribbon, various pins and a vintage button.

6 comments:

Anita said...

I love this card in this colourway too Jo....having seen it the other day in aqua and lime it looked totally lush, but I also love the warmth in this colour palette too. Loving the gorgeous embellies too.xx warmest wishes Anita..xx

Joanna Oborska said...

Beautiful card! Nice work with inks:)

Regina Mangum said...

This is just so elegant and colorful. Thank you for play with us at 2S4Y this week!

cnelson said...

perfectly gorgeous!

Unknown said...

oh wow this is a stunner. The red makes a wonderful impact
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
Hugs
K

Ginger Claire said...

I love this card Jo Willis - the colours are fantabulous :)
I've left you a lovely blog award - http://gingerpiedesigns.blogspot.com/2010/08/goodbye-and-good-day.html, hope you like it.
Love ya
MGC xx