Sunday, August 01, 2010

IACW - Card and layout

Here's my post from It's A Creative World this week:

Following on from my previous post about templates here I thought I'd blog about a different type namely the Crafter's Workshop ones. I have a number of these fab items and I admit that I haven't used them as much as I could or to their full potential.

I decided to make a couple of projects using the same template but in different ways so started with this gorgeous design:
 
 
For my first project - a scrapbook layout - I used the shape to cut a piece of patterned paper as part of my layout background:
 

For my second project I made a clean and simple card.

I laid the template on the card and used a pencil to lightly draw the pattern on to the card before using a Ranger gold pen to colour the shape.

I also used a pencil to mark the placement of the dots before using Dimensional Pearls here. All that was left after that was to leave the card to dry before adding a ribbon. If necessary I can add a sentiment to the card at a later date:


Why not have a look at any templates you have already and try and use them in a different way.

1 comment:

Poppit said...

Love what you've done with the template Jo. Especially love the layout!