Wednesday, November 10, 2010

UKStampers challenge - week 38

I've been a member of UKStampers for a while but only lurked until recently. There is a weekly challenge set by the talented Effie to make a tag with the "ingredients " chosen.

This week is: doodling, a found object and a stamped text background.

I discovered some sheets of shrink plastic the other day that I'd never tried playing with and had a great hour or so finally trying it out which of course left me with loads of stamped plastic ready to use. I decided to use one for this tag.

The tag was sprayed with Glimmer Mists to colour it (olive green and a lovely turquoise). I then stamped the background (a Prima stamp) using Ranger distress ink (crushed olive). I hope a sheet music stamp counts as a text background?

I doodled a border using a black gel pen and then added a piece of splatter mesh before sticking the ready made piece of plastic on the top. This was an Elusive Images stamp that I bought a while ago but had never inked up til now!

Lastly I added some white cotton lace, a vintage button, ribbons and my found object - that strung beading which was (in it's previous life) part of a Christmas garland.

Materials used: Glimmer Mists, Elusive Image stamp, black Stazon ink, Judikins shrink plastic, black Signo pen, Prima stamp (music), Ranger distress ink, Jest Charming Splatter Mesh.
Also used: scrap cardstock, vintage button, ribbons, cotton lace, strung beading.

1 comment:

Anita said...

what a beautiful image Jo, loving the soft colouring of the tag too.xxx