Sunday, March 06, 2011

Butterfly wallhanging

One of my favourite Unity store kits...Life Becoming is on special offer in the Make The Day Special shop at the moment along with Quiet Essence for the grand total of just £20!!

I've used the butterfly stamp in the kit for today's project...a mini wallhanging. I started by colouring plain calico using alcohol inks and then stamped the image using black ink. I then embellished the calico with sequins and then sewed it on to a felt backing before adding the lace. The final step was to add the ribbon and beads to enable it to be hung:


Materials used: calico, felt, Unity stamp (as above), Ranger alcohol inks, Stazon ink sequins, beads, cotton lace, satin ribbon.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, this is lovely, one of my favourite sets. :-) S x

Anita said...

Beautiful Jo! Such pretty, soft colours, really striking with the black. xx