Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Desert Island Crafts Challenge - Challenge #10 and C.I. "Vintage (with a heart)

It's the 15th of the month which means it's time for another challenge at the Desert Island Crafts challenge blog and this time we're working with my itinerary.

I used:
  • lace
  • decorative pins
  • something metal
  • 3 different stamps
  • distressing
  • stickers


I'm also entering this for the current challenge on the Crafty Individuals blog (where I was lucky enough to win some fab blog candy last week!). The challenge is "Vintage  -with a heart" and of course Crafty Individuals products have to be used.


I started with a plain white board book which I coloured with Ranger distress inks and then stamped over the top with a Crafty Individuals stamp. I then added an image from a C.I. book (part of the blog candy) and then lightly added gesso over the top. I used some white rub-ons, a clock stamp in the corner, a metal sticker, lace and pins.


I stuck the inside of the pages together after cutting out a niche in which I placed a heart charm. Again the pages were coloured with distress inks, overstamped with a C.I. stamp, a C.I. image added along with white rub-ons, stickers and embellishments.


The back cover of the book was stamped with another C.I. stamp in distress ink. I tied a piece of lace through the book spine and added pins.

Materials used: board book, Ranger distress inks, C.I. People and Places 2 image book, C.I. 237 stampCI 214 stamp, CI 255 stamps , Fancy Pants lace, Studio K metal sticker, Marcella by Kay metal sticker, Making Memories alphabet stickers, Pink Paislee Artisan element, Basic Grey rub-ons, Claudine Hellmuth gesso, other lace, decorative pins, charm and ribbon.

8 comments:

Sue Jones said...

So Beautiful ..Love it xx

Jean Hardy said...

This is beautiful Jo, and very inspiring. Thanks so much for entering. Jean

Lynne K said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Jo. The pearls and lace, and indeed the image on the front, remind me very much of my maternal grandmother. I love the way you've inset the heart. The whole book is so pretty!

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

Lynne x

laury55 said...

so delicate and elegant....great book

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo. Fabulous book. So pretty and beautifully made.
Regards Florence.

Netty said...

Oh wow Jo your book is gorgeous.

Jessica Buffa said...

Wow, this is super magnificent. I love everything you've done with this project. Thanks for stopping over at my blog...and Jessica is a cool name, if I do say so myself!!! LOL.
Happy to follow you!
:O)

Ephemera said...

This is gorgeous, love the cut out niche for the heart and the lovely distressed pink stamping.