Sunday, November 13, 2011

Journal play 13/11and my birthday!

Yes...it's November 13th which means that I'm 21 again LOL!! Not doing anything special today but Mum is coming over later to see me and have a cup of tea. I've been busy tidying up and vacuuming this morning in preparation.

I have some fab new CDs to listen to, a DVD to watch and some Distress stains and Tim Holtz tissue tape to play with. I've also received some money and am using it to buy this little baby as I wanted another compact camera with a better zoom and this has an 18 x optical zoom:


I've just reserved it and will be picking it up tomorrow woo-hoo!!!

Yesterday I had a play at another journal page and this is being shared on the Make The Day Special blog today. I used stamps from Unity's "All About the Journey" set which is available in the shop here.

I made the background using Pentel oil pastels which I blended and then swiped white drawing ink over the top, The art doll was one by the fabulously talented Sabrina Zannetti and bought from her Etsy shop Digital Image 4 You.

I stamped the arrow straight on to the page and used Derwent Inktense pencils to highlight parts. The large quote stamp was stamped on to a K & Co die-cut and the small quote I stamped on to patterned paper before cutting the words apart.



Materials used: Pentel oil pastels, white drawing ink, art doll (as above), Unity stamps (as above), black Versafine ink, K & Co die-cut, black Sakura pen.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Many, many Happy returns of the day Jo! I hope you have had a wonderful day and have enjoyed tea with your Mum. What a super camera, I bet you will fun taking loads of pics with that, hope the kids are ready for it!

Warmest wishes Anita..xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, love your page...hope you had a lovely Birthday and a 'tipple!' I raised my glass to you...The camera looks really good..looking forward to seeing lots of photos now..Love S xxx