Sunday, April 01, 2012

A Baby is........... (MTDS and DCM)

My card that I made for the Make The Day Special blog today was inspired by the latest challenge over at the Daring Cardmakers blog - Material Girl. I haven't played along on the DCM blog for a while but this challenge caught my eye.

I stamped the sentiment stamp on to the pink gingham fabric using a Faber Castell big brush marker and then sewed around the fabric before fraying the edges. I made a background panel for the card using some more fabric which I sewed before sticking on to the card.

The flower was made using organza fabric and I used a vintage button for the centre.



Materials used: American Crafts cardstock, fabrics, Unity stamp from "The Right Words" available here, Faber Castell big brush marker, organza, vintage button, Dress Me Up button, pleated ribbon.

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful and I love the 'moonbeams' expression.
Hugs
Desire

Natty said...

Gorgeous card Jo! :D Love the fabric you've used and the sentiment is perfect. :)

Anita said...

Jo, this is just so delicate and pretty Hun, love it.x