Thursday, January 24, 2013

Summer cabin hanging

I've made a wallhanging using the gorgeous summer cabin stamp from Artistic Outpost's Keeper stamp sheet available at Artistic Outpost.



I stamped the image on to calico (although in hindsight I should have primed it with gesso first!) and then sewed on some vintage velvet ribbon. I then used a variegated stranded cotton to embroider the plants at the side. I've never been a fan of french knots but I actually managed to complete quite a few of them here!!!


I then sewed the calico on to some gorgeous fabric which I embellished with beads before sewing it on to pink felt. I used some more of the patterned fabric to back the hanging and used some seat padding inside to plump it out a bit.

I then made some bead embellishments after rummaging through my bead stash:




2 comments:

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Saw your project on the Artistic Outpost FB page. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! :)

Words and Pictures said...

Such delicately pretty colours and beautiful fabrics; what a wonderful use of the image. Lovely to have you join us at Artistic Outpost!
Alison x