Sunday, April 07, 2013

Unity tags

It's been a long time coming but I've finally got a bit of stamping mojo back and have done a DT blog post for Make the Day Special on the blog today.

 
I've been playing with distress inks today to make a couple of tags to share with you. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out and they may spur me on to make more!!


I used Unity stamps from Key to Joy and The Right Words.

Both tags were cut from scrap cardstock. I have a box full of tags ready cut in many different colours so I can just dip in when I need them but these were both originally cream.

I used various distress inks to colour the tags and then stamped the key background using distress ink.



The butterfly was stamped on to white cardstock and then coloured using Faber Castell Big Brush pens before being cut out.

The sentiment was also stamped on to white cardstock and then lightly tinted with distress inks. I needed to do a bit of masking with this one as some of the words are very close together and wouldn't cut out square.


For this one I used an old metal key that I painted with Vintaj paint and then used twine to hold it on the tag.

Materials used: scrap cardstock, Ranger Distress inks, Memento ink, Faber Castell Big Brush pens, Unity stamps (as above), velvet ribbon, ric-rac, keys, Vintaj metal paints, twine, beaded string, Christmas beaded decoration.

2 comments:

GlitteryKatie said...

Fabulous tags Jo so pleasedyour mojo has returned!! yay!

Unknown said...

Swoony :-) LOVE LOVE LOVE your tags!
Lou x