Thursday, August 22, 2013

Viva Las Vegastamps - August Monthly Challenge

There's a challenge on the Viva Las Vegastamps blog to make a project using August's Inspiration board:



I've made a canvas using the lighthouse stamp from Plate 923 and taking inspiration form the colours - just love the black with the aqua and pink. The paint splodges in the top made me think of water.


The canvas is about 7" x 5". I coloured it with Derwent Artbars which I then blended with water. I stamped the lighthouse using black Memento ink and then added gesso through a stencil to add texture to the sea and also used my fingers to add some.


I found a quote online which I printed out and then coloured with distress inks before cutting out each word and then inking around each of them. 
I then added trim, ric-rac and a few rub-ons along with a couple of watch parts that I painted.



Hope you like it!! 

5 comments:

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Gorgeous. Love the stamps you've used.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful canvas

Tera Callihan said...

Very fun piece. I like the quote you found also. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Jo. XXX

DeeDee Catron said...

A second one, Jo! I like this even better than the other one --- that ric rac used as waves is just pure genius!