Saturday, June 16, 2007

A resolution.....

Today I spent ages looking through all the stash I've accumulated and there is a fair bit of it! Now a lot of it isn't what you would call "in fashion" but I've decided that instead of getting rid of it or selling it off on Ebay I'm going to be daring and use it (apart from the really awful holographic stuff that the kids can have!). I'm sick of hearing that Basic Grey is wonderful or that doodling should be on your layouts - I'm just going to use the stuff I want to, scrap in my own style and make layouts that fit in with me and not everyone else! To get me started in this I found my Hot Off The Press book "Artsy Collage" with these cute baby designs and first made a card and then a layout:

Pale green cardstock - punched a square hole in the corner and used PSX alpha stamps and a Studio G stamp with lavender Pearl-ex brushed over. The toy images were from the HOTP book, cut out and mounted on the card with foam. Thin black pen used to draw outline around the card and punched hole and then Primas added with clear beads stuck in centre.

The photos on this layout were mounted on DCWV paper from the spring Stack and a baby paper form the HOTP book. More images were cut out and mounted with foam. Title from SEI stickers and then Lil Davis and Studio G stamps used for accents. Thin black outline drawn all around layout.

Off to have a look through the rest of my stash now!!!

3 comments:

greyparrot said...

amen to that!
look at those gorgeous cheeks *wub*

Anonymous said...

Amen to that indeed, lol!

I've been using allsorts on my scrapping lately! Who is there to say what is and isn't in 'fashion'!

Beautiful work:) Oh, and you know you can come and raid my stash anyday!!

Susan said...

Can I join you on the "Say no to fashionable scrapping" train please?
Beginning to feel like I have been brainwashed the last few years LOL.