Sunday, July 01, 2007

DCM Beady eyed

My first card for the Daring Cardmakers challenges - this one is for this week's Beady eyed challenge. A shame this wasn't last week's challenge as I did a card with beads then but here's one I made today: For this I used my first piece of Bazzill Bling (no DCWV this time!) - the papers are a Rob and Bob (the blue) and a Dena's Closet retro Christmas (the green). The flower stamp was from the Cactus Pink Seeds set and stamped in pink Versamagic ink then Mill Hill seed beads (left over from my cross stitch days) sewn on. The greeting was stamped using a KI Memories blocks stamp and a Studio G one.

12 comments:

Kathy said...

oh this is so (or should that be sew...) pretty.

Welcome to the DCM, hope you'll come and play again soon!

Sheila said...

You sewed all those beads on?????
WOW you really have some patience.
Gorgeous card.

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow I am loving that flower!

stamp and scrape said...

That stamp is perfect for the beads - what a lovely choice.
Ros

Anonymous said...

Corr, lovely! I think the Cactus Pink stamps are just perfect for the beading treatment aren't they? Super lush!!!

Cheryl said...

Such a beautiful card!

Gillian said...

G'day and WELCOME to DCM Jo, it's always fun to see a new name in the comments :O)
and ooooooohhhhh what a SCRUMMY card you've made..love it!!!

Lythan said...

Welcome to the dares - I hope you will join in some more as your work is fabulous

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Thanks for showing the side view too. Very effective.

deb said...

This is so pretty!!!

Dolly Mixtures said...

What a lovely card. I love the beaded flower - such a simple outline and it looks so effective filled with the beads. Look forward to seeing more from you! Angela

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous card, the beads look so effective on that stamp and all the elements hand together beautifully - great work!