Thursday, October 04, 2007

DCM - In the frame

This week's challenge over at Daring Cardmakers was to use a frame. While I was tidying all my stash last week I came across a pack of Kanban pearlescent die-cut frames that I bought at least 4 years ago and hadn't even opened so I decided to use those to make a Christmas card. However once I got started I couldn't stop and I ended up making quite a few!

Used: white card, Dovecraft Christmas paper, Studio G stamp, chalk ink, gingham ribbon, red pen and Kanban frame.

Used: DCWV card, DCWV paper from cardmaking kit, Studio G stamp, Prismacolor pencils, gingham ribbon, white pen and Kanban frame.

After taking the photo of this one I modified the card slightly by adding 4 white eyelets (one in each corner of the patterned paper). I realy must buy a silent setter so I can use eyelets in the evening when the kids are in bed!

Used: red card, green paper, DCWV patterned paper, Studio G stamp, Prismacolor pencils, Doodlebug ric-rac, Creative Imaginations rub-on and a Kanban frame.

Used: DCWV cardstock, Dovecraft patterned paper, Studio G stamp, chalk ink, snowflake brad, red ribbon and a Kanban frame.

Like before I added eyelets to this card too.

I did make a few more but realised I haven't taken photos of those. Will post tomorrow if I remember!

8 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab cards, I love those papers

Marlou McAlees said...

Jo these are brilliant, you have been busy, xx

Pearl said...

lovely colours ! great creations !

Clare said...

Great cards, the frames are really effective.

Kathy said...

Qhat a fab set of cards!
You've ALMOST inspired me to really have a go at getting my Christmas cards properly started

Rhi said...

Wow, a wole series of frame cards! I love your simple stylish designs and the clever way you attached the frame with ribbon on the first one. Really cool.

Natty said...

Fab cards Jo! You're making me so jealous I want to get on with some cards, but can't until I have a sort out! {gulp}

Lynne said...

Sorry I'm late Jo. You have been busy. Gorgeous cards, thanks for joining in with my dare.