Sunday, September 27, 2009

Curtains!

I seem to have discovered a love for all things vintage as well as finding myself looking at loads of altered art, mixed media and textile arts sites. I've always loved looking at this kind of work but thought it was something I was unable to achieve but now I think it's about time I gave it a go! I mean, art and craft is all about having fun in the process and well, if something good comes out at the end then that's a bonus LOL! I made this card today, not for any reason in particular but just because I wanted to have a play. Hopefully my style will improve/evolve if I keep playing: I used: Kraft card from my Crafty Templates prize, image from Ebay CD, paper by LetteringDelights.com, text from vintage children's book, Prima flower, vintage glass button and necklace, Shimmerz, lace, K&Co metal sticker, Marcella metal word, MM safety pin, Tibetan silver heart charm and Distress inks.

4 comments:

Muckyfingers said...

That's really lovely Jo. Beautiful, gentle distressing on it :) xXx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh I just love this shabby shick creation. You don't need any practise you're already a pro at it.
Hugs
Desire

Carolyn said...

I love this card

Moira said...

I really like this one too, fab vintage feel.