Tuesday, September 15, 2009

IACW - Fairy mini canvas

This is my post from It's A Creative World yesterday:
While out shopping I came across these cute canvasses and mini easels:

To give you an idea of size the canvasses are 7cm square. I wanted to make something to go in my 2 year old daughter's room so decided to go for a pretty pink and green theme. I started by dry-brushing the canvas with pink acrylic paint then when it was dry I stuck a piece of lace across the bottom using glue dots. The fairy image was one I cut out of a HOTP creative images book and I mounted it on the canvas with foam. I then cut the back off a star shaped button before adding this and some rhinestones to the canvas and then stamping with tiny alphabet stamps. The final touch was to adhere ribbon all around the edges of the canvas and then add a bow in the corner:

I'm happy to report that my daughter loves it and has requested more "pwetty tings" for her bedroom!!

I used: Anita's acrylic paint, HOTP image, vintage lace, silver-edged pink ribbon from The Ribbonrie, Studio G alphabet stamps, Brilliance ink, Dress Me Up star button, rhinestones.

No comments: